Adopt a Park
Adopt-A-Park is a public service program for volunteers to assist their community by picking up litter, communicating maintenance needs, and assisting in improvement projects at Buffalo parks.
- Adopt-A-Park is open to community groups, civic groups, churches, businesses, families, and individual citizens .
- 2-year partnership with renewal options.
- Park clean-up shall be performed twice a month. (Less in winter months)
- Electronic check-lists will be provided for groups to easily communicate maintenance needs to the Parks Department.
- Park sites are chosen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Why Adopt a Park?
- Litter is unsightly and destroys the natural aesthetics of our beautiful city, neighborhoods, and park system.
- Minimizing litter in our community is inviting to visitors and prospective citizens and businesses.
- Through the efforts of volunteers, City staff can focus on other important tasks.
- Litter is expensive. Your help saves tax dollars.
- Volunteering in this program means taking ownership in a city park, and shows off your community pride!!
The City of Buffalo provides:
- Free trash bags.
- Pick up of full bags.
- Paint and material for special maintenance projects (if necessary and approved).
- A personalized sign on-site recognizing the group’s efforts.
- Identification of program volunteers on the City of Buffalo website.
- Tips for a safe and successful clean-up.
What we ask of you:
- Pick up litter in the park area, and place the bag by the park’s litter receptacle.
- Pile up fallen branches or sticks.
- Rake safety surfaces in worn areas.
- Communicate any safety or maintenance concerns you see to Park staff immediately.
- After each visit, please email a picture of the park. This will help us track involvement, and be added to the digital files of each park.
- Have fun volunteering in, and for, your Community!
If you have any questions regarding the Adopt-A-Park program, or want to get involved, please call 763-684-5421 or email Kellie