Crime Victim Information

If you wish to receive a notice from our office regarding the disposition of a case, please email this request. Be sure to include the case number and Officer information. Send us an email.

Rights & Services for All Crime Victims

  • You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For an application and information call 651-282-6256. Outside the Twin Cities area call 888-622-8799. TTY 651-205-4827.
  • You have the right to request that the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  • You have the right, if the offender is charged to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money that is court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim).

If you feel that your rights as a victim have been violated, contact the Crime Victim Justice Unit at 651-201-7300 or 800-247-0390.

Services for Victims

  • Wright County Sheriff's Department 763-682-7600        
  • Wright County Jail 763-682-7653
  •  Wright County Human Services 763-682-7400               
  • Wright County Court Administration 763-682-7539 
  • (Protection orders) Wright County Attorney 763-682-7349 800-362-3667, ext. 7349 
  • VINE (Offender release notification) 877-664-8463 
  • United Way 2-1-1 (24 hour assistance) 800-KIDS709 2-1-1 from land line 
  • Crisis Nursery (Family support resources) 763-682-7410 or 800-965-1430 
  • Rivers of Hope (Domestic violence) 763-296-3433 or 800-439-2642 
  • Sexual Violence Center 320-251-4357 or 800-237-5090 
  • Buffalo Hospital 763-682-1212

Victims of Domestic Assault

You can ask the City or County Attorney to file a criminal complaint and you have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order for Protection from Domestic Abuse. The order may include:

a. An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse.

b. An order directing the abuser to leave your household.

c. An order preventing the abuser from entering your home (or a reason able area around your home), school, business, or place of employment.

d. An order awarding you or the other parent custody of/or visitation of your minor child or children.

e. An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor if the abuser has a court order to do so.

You also have the right to notification if prosecution of the case is declined or criminal charges are dismissed. The Buffalo Police Department provides 24-hour patrol service and responds to all criminal complaints, medical emergencies, and more.