News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/21/2023 12:39:09 PM to 9/1/2023 12:00:05 AM.
Utilities - News Flash
Posted on: June 21, 2023
[ARCHIVED] Simple Ways to save Energy this Summer
Tips to Help Save Energy
- Close your blinds to keep out the afternoon heat.
- Use a fan or ceiling fan to help circulate air and give your AC a break.
- If you have a ceiling fan it should be set to operate counterclockwise in the summer.
- Purchasing a new ceiling fan?
- Choose an Energy Star certified fan with a light kit and receive up to a $25 rebate (PDF).
- Fire up the grill and cook outside or prepare meals that do not require the oven to keep your home cooler.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Set your air conditioning thermostat to 75 degrees when you are home and to 80 when you are away. Doing so could save an estimated 10% on cooling costs.
- Use a dehumidifier.
- Wash your laundry with cold water and hang your clothes outside on the clothesline to dry.
- Tune up your air conditioning unit and receive a $25 rebate (PDF).