There are specific identification requirements that must be presented at the time you register. You must present one of the following items:
- A Minnesota driver's license, learners permit, state identification card, or the temporary receipt for one of these items. Ideally, the license or ID card will have the current address on it, and that's all the voter needs to register.
If the license or ID has a former address, the voter may bring a recent utility bill for proof of the current address. Whenever a voter uses a utility bill, it must have the voter's name and current address on it, and the due date must be within 30 days of the election. The bill can be for any of the usual utilities including gas, water, electric, waste removal, telephone, and cable TV.
- A "Notice of Late Registration" with the current address
- A school may provide a certified student list that shows students' campus addresses which can be used with a student photo ID card
- A student photo ID card with a utility bill
- A U.S. military photo ID card with a utility bill
- A U.S. passport with a utility bill
- Student ID card, fee, fee statement, or class registration, with the current address
Voucher: If you don't have any of these, you can still vote by having someone who is registered in the same precinct "vouch" for your identity and residence.