Buy Buffalo Local Spending Campaign
City staff have developed a local spending program - called the “Buy Buffalo” passport program - to lessen any negative impacts associated with the reconstruction of TH 25 in the city’s downtown in 2023 and encourage residents to shop locally.
Buy Buffalo Local Spending Campaign Overview
The promotion will result in monthly (July – November) drawings for a package of gift certificates to Buffalo downtown businesses and will conclude with a November drawing valued at more than $500.
The rules, terms, and regulation of the “Buy Buffalo” passport drawing are as follows:
- Each completed card must be endorsed (signed & dated) by 5 separate businesses prior to submission into the drawing.
- New cards may be obtained at any participating business or City Hall / the Chamber of Commerce building. No purchase of passport necessary; FREE entry.
- Completed cards must be dropped off at either City Hall or the Chamber of Commerce. Cards must contain the name and phone number / email of the entrant.
- Participating business owners and their immediate families are ineligible. Participating businesses must also be up to date on payments with all existing financial obligations to the HRA. City of Buffalo employees are also ineligible for the drawing.
- Participating businesses will display the “Buy Buffalo” sticker in their window or on their door and have the rules of the promotion available in store.
- Drawings held at Noon at City Hall on the first business day of the month for the month preceding (ex. August 1st drawing for July submissions); attendance not necessary to win. All entries will be considered for the final November drawing.
|Entries Submitted||Drawing Date||Prize|
|7/3 thru 7/31||August 1, 2023||$300|
|8/1 thru 8/31||September 1, 2023||$300|
|9/1 thru 9/29||October 2, 2023||$300|
|10/2 thru 10/31||November 1, 2023||$300|
|11/1 thru 11/30||December 1, 2023||$500 +|